There are various types of ads that youtube offers you to choose from. You can select your ad accordingly and launch it on youtube.
There are different styles of formats available for ad display which will influence your cost.
Types Of Youtube Advertising
Following are the types of formats you can choose from for your youtube advertising.
Skippable In-Stream Video Ads
As the name suggests this ad can be skipped by you after watching a minimum of 5 seconds. These ads are used by you when you have video content you'd like to promote before, during, or after other videos on YouTube.
In general, the video ad needs to be a minimum of 12 seconds and it’s recommended to keep it under 3 minutes.
One of the perks of this type of YouTube ad is that you’ll only get charged when someone watches at least 30 seconds, the entire ad (for any ad under 30 seconds), or if they click on it.
You can select below campaign goal(s) to use this ad format,
- Website traffic
- Brand awareness and reach
- Product and brand consideration
2. Non-skippable in-stream ads
These ads can also play right before a video or during it, really, the only difference is that there’s not a skip button at all.
Non-skippable ads run for 15 seconds (or shorter), appearing in pre-roll or mid-roll slots like their skippable counterparts.
- While skippable YouTube ads are great for cost-efficiency, some users won’t be able to resist hitting that pesky ‘skip’ button. This is where non-skippable in-stream video ads come in.
- Non-skippable in-stream ads use Target CPM (i.e. per 1,000 views) bidding, so you pay based on impressions.
3. Display Ads
- Display ads appear in the YouTube sidebar on the right-hand side of the screen. They’re fairly simple, allowing space for an image, ad text, and CTA. They are only available for advertising on desktops.
- They come in multiple sizes and formats like image and animation, but none support autoplay sound to keep from interfering with the video player.
- This type of ad doesn’t provide you with lots of space so choose your content wisely and you need to focus on combining compelling visuals with a crystal-clear CTA.
- It is important to use display ads for the targeted audience so, ensure you have your audience nailed down before you run your campaign.
4. Overlay Ads
- YouTube in-video overlay ads appear across the bottom of a video on watch pages. These video overlay ads pop up after the video starts playing, and can be as simple as or image ad.
- Whether it’s text- or image-based, an ad overlay appears as a pop-up displayed across the bottom of the video window.
- Users can easily close overlay ads by hitting the ‘X’ button, but they can also click on the ad to visit a landing page.
5. Bumper Ads
- Bumper ads are 6 seconds (or shorter) and play before, during, or after another video. Viewers don't have the option to skip the ad.
- As the time is limited you need to be very clear and creative with your message. You need to deliver your key product as quickly as possible
- Use bumper ads when you want to reach viewers broadly with a short, memorable message.
- Bumper ads use Target CPM bidding, so you pay based on impressions.
Above is all you need to about youtube advertising. Cost, format, tools everything is mentioned what you should be knowledgable about if you are planning to invest in youtube advertising. It is a great deal because you can reach a worldwide audience to promote your brand.